Clinical Hypnotherapy Training
Clinical Hypnotherapy Training is offered by The International Academy of Hypnotherapy (IAH). We are proud to present our highest and most prestigious certification of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (C.CHt.) to those students who aim to be the best in their chosen field of study.
IAH can proudly boast to be the only institution on the African continent that is able to award our most advanced and dedicated students this world-renowned Clinical Hypnotherapist Certification. They can add their names to the list of truly elevated professionals in the fields of hypnosis and hypnotherapy in the world.
This in-depth 600 hour course is the only one of its kind in Africa and is certified by the Australian Hypnotherapists Association (AHA).
Adhering to these stringent International standards, IAH has become synonymous in our ranking as one of the leaders of hypnosis, hypnotherapy, and counselling certification in Africa and the world.
It is with this ranking that we are pleased to educate our students and equip them with all the tools they will ever need to be a successful Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist.
Upon successful completion and passing of the final written and practical examinations, a student will be awarded the title of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (C.C.Ht).
Please note that the course is made up of modules – each with its own exam and assessment.
This is to allow I.A.H. to track the students’ progress and make sure they are prepared for the final examination that takes place after completion of all 5 modules.
Upon completing all modules, the student will be required to complete a final written examination as well as a practical examination and two (2) case studies.
What follows is a layout of the course and a basic list of the topics covered in the course.
Please note that this is a generalized list of topics covered in the course and that the exact curriculum cannot be supplied to non-students.
The first 200 hours are similar to those in the IMDHA Certified Hypnotherapist course.This is awarded so that you can start your practice and proceed to Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist standard.
Then follows 400 hours of these advanced modules to receive Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist accreditation.
Clinical Hypnotherapy Training Course
- History of Hypnosis
- Myths and Misconceptions of Hypnosis
- Dangers and Limitations of Hypnosis
- Hypnotic Terminology and Meaning
- Basic Induction Techniques
- Basic Psychological Processes
- Conscious and Unconscious Processes
- Introduction to Counselling
- Influencing Skills
- Advanced Induction Techniques
- Deepening Techniques
- Induction Techniques for Adults
- Suggestibility Tests
- Minor Theoretical Psychology Frameworks
- Cognitive Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Psycho-dynamic Psychotherapy
- Information Gathering and Clarification
- Questioning and Listening Skills
- Basic Empathy
- Summarizing and Supplying Feedback
- Hypnotic Strategies
- Spontaneous Trance-States
- Induction Techniques for Children
- Specified Therapeutic Techniques:
- Regression and Progression
- Hypnotic Anaesthesia
- Hypnotherapeutic Treatments
- Relationship Challenges
- Sport Applications
- Substance Abuse and Addictions
- Stress and Anxiety
- Fear of Failure
- Eating Disorders
- Compulsive Behaviours
- Dealing with Grief and Loss
- Advanced Psychological Processes
- Enhanced Counselling Techniques and Procedures
- Script Writing
- Therapeutic Applications – Review
- Handling Confrontation
- Appropriate Self?Disclosure
- Advanced Empathy Procedures
- Negative Effects of Counselling
- Effective Challenging and Probing
- Gestalt and Transactional Analysis
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Major Theoretical Psychology Frameworks
- Stress Management
- Client Centred Therapy
- Writing and Effectiveness of Case Studies
- Values and Belief Systems
- Setting up a Practice
- Business Management
- Phone Skills
- Capacity of Effective Hypnotherapeutic Treatments
- Ethics in the Practice
- Protecting Your Career
- Ethical and Professional Issues
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- Legislation and Law
- Complaints Resolution and Legislation
The title of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (C.CHt) is one of the most prestigious accomplishments in hypnosis and requires 575 hours including home study, face to face assessments and client consultations.
If a student has prior hypnosis or NLP qualifications, regardless of the school they attended, IAH will take them through a Recognition of Prior Learning process. Based on the outcomes of this process they will either gain entry with additional tasking or be required to complete a small bridging program that will enable them to prepare for the course in which they wish to enroll.
send us a message to find out more about IAH and how we can help you to improve your life.